The Australian SharePoint Conference for 2011 is happening March 7th to 9th of 2011 in Sydney and by the looks of this years agenda there’s something for everyone. I will be speaking in the Business Track on Day One, Session Five the topic of my presentation is:
Managing an Environment of 21 Million People, parallels in the governance of physical and information space.
Information Systems as ecosystems is not a new concept. The very same motivators in the pursuit of effective environmental governance echo those of effective management of information environments:
- Promoting the sustainability of economic development
- Reduce and simplify regulatory burden
- Ensure governing activities represent efficient and effective ways of achieving desired outcomes
- Based on an effective unified arrangement
In my session I will:
- Reflect on Australia’s environmental management approach drawing on ideas for the governance of SharePoint Information environments
- Introduce ‘Business Reference Architecture’, a strategy that casts SharePoint as set of business-focused services achieving stronger business-IT alignment and trust for future engagements.
I’ve also volunteered to contribute to the community challenge program that will run during the conference,
‘Community Challenge’ – Define and Design
In the Community Challenge sessions, conference participants will take a look at the initial planning and high level requirements that WorkVentures has for an intranet, their aims for what they hope it will achieve, what they want to see included. Paul Culmsee will lead us through some audience participation in mapping the information requirements and site architecture for the Intranet part of this project. We will also workshop the processes required for the Annual Leave form and Timesheet Process and demonstrate using Visio to map this out. This will identify the key areas for development of this solution.
I’m really looking forward to this session as at all the conferences I’ve been to I’ve never seen this sort of initiative run, it should be a great opportunity to throw around some ideas, hear some approaches from the audience and really share in an initiative that will benefit this not for profit organisation. Workventures are a social enterprise who engage with individuals and communities to build the capacity to improve lives through new skills, access to technology, community contribution and fulfilling employment.
Looking forward to seeing a great slice of the SharePoint Community at this conference.